The Diploma in English and English Language Teaching is a two year academic programme of study which includes English Literature, Applied Linguistics and Language. It is designed
- to enable those with advanced language skills to acquire comprehensive knowledge of the English language and its literature.
- to develop analytical skills in English through the study of literary and non-literary texts.
- to develop a basic knowledge of specified areas of Applied Linguistics and English Language Teaching.
This programme is meant for those who wish to enhance their understanding and appreciation of the English language and its literature. It is of special relevance to:
- Teachers of English at upper secondary level and in tertiary institutions
- Those interested in obtaining a higher academic qualification in English
Those who successfully complete the Diploma in English will be given credit for these courses if they wish to proceed to read English for the BA in Social Sciences or B.A in English and English Language Teaching.
Placement will be based on performance at the Entry Test.
Those who have successfully completed the OUSL Advanced Certificate in English will be permitted direct entry to the Diploma in English.